One of the keys to a great DMS is the active participation of your entire firm within the system. Of course, we've been doing DMS for almost 20 years now, so we know the excuses people use to work around the system.
Because of that, few of our most common NetDocuments philosophies that address those excuses
- Make sure there is a place for EVERYTHING! We want to create secure Cabinets and ethical walls that allow users to save documents into secure locations - most typically these are back office documents (i.e. payroll, meeting minutes, etc). We certainly don’t want security to the be the excuse for users to work outside NetDocuments.
- We make it easier for users to save to NetDocuments than anywhere else, by configuring NetDocuments so that documents and emails from desktop applications are prompted to save directly into NetDocuments with very minimal user input. Using products like NDOffice and NDSync, along with recent workspaces and auto-populating fields, it should be faster for you users to save to NetDocuments than anywhere else.
- User frustration with NetDocuments typically caused by lack of training or one on one support - where the user simply bypasses NetDocuments rather than reach out for help and guidance.
I suggest you run the following report to identify any users in your office that are not actively using NetDocuments:
- Log into NetDocuments as the Repository Administrator, and go to the "Add and remove users and groups" menu
- Click one the "View User Report" button":
- Choose the report format to include "login aging summary"
If you do have users not using the system, reach out to them and find out why. And feel free to reach out to us to help you bring those users "back into the fold"!